Easy Peasy Toast Topper
What you need:
* a loaf of bread (a few slices will do depending on how many stomachs are to be fed)
* grated quick-melt cheese
* left over pasta sauce, chilled (we used our own version of Bolognaise sauce)
* ground black pepper (optional)
* Lightly toast your slices of bread. Just brown the sides. This, I found, is helpful as you need to put them in the oven to melt the cheese and it doesn't take a lot of time to melt cheese. Toasting it makes the bread crunchy when you eat it, otherwise, if you didn't toast it, it'll be a bit soggy when you bite into it.
* Usually we keep our left overs in the fridge to keep it from going off. I also suggest you take the sauce out when you're ready to top your toasts. After putting your sauce on top of the toasts, you can either add chopped onions, sliced tomatoes or bell peppers. This is optional, otherwise just go with your sauce.
* Season with black pepper (again that is up to you) or chilli powder (to the brave ones who love their spices). Then top with grated cheese.
* Pre-heat oven at 180 C. Line your baking tray with the toasts topped with your yummy sauce. Slide your tray in the oven and let them stay there for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve hot.
Ours looks like this. We didn't have quick-melting cheese so this will do for now. They do taste really good. Hubby was surprised and said it tasted exactly like those tinned toast toppers from the UK, only better. :)
Have you tried something new today like a new recipe or created your own? I just did. I look forward to trying more fresh ideas in the coming days.